At Techcelerator, the team is constantly working on improving our offer for start-ups. Through our acceleration program, and the Investors’ Dinner series, our start-ups have access to business development workshops and investment opportunities. Yet we feel that is not enough!
Because our mission is to support founders and strengthen the Romanian start-up ecosystem, we created a new series of events in which we bring mentors from all over the world, from companies that are a driving force in the global start-up ecosystem.
We had the pleasure of hosting Marvin for an entire day, as he shared his knowledge on growth strategies from Silicon Valley. Four of our alumni start-ups – Appseed, FormulaDB, RideSafe and WireFrame – had the opportunity to sit down with Marvin for one-on-one office hours and work on their growth plans!
And because we couldn’t miss the opportunity of having Marvin around to share his valuable insight, we prepared an evening talk, open to the local start-ups ecosystem!
The topic of the evening – “From Startup to ScaleUp, Best Practices for Growth in Silicon Valley”
Here are some highlights of his keynote speech:
- Most important thing to start with – your vision
- Make sure you have a balanced team! Aka, a dev team that ensures your product works, a UI/UX team that makes sure your product serves the user and a business savvy team that ensures money is made
- Experiment, experiment, experiment
- Always talk to your customers. And don’t forget about your potential customers!
- Know your customers and segment your customers
- Make sure to measure everything that you do! Make use of all the metrics tools available
- Understand your development stage and use fitting metrics
- Be aware of the effectiveness of the three distribution and marketing channels/platforms (search, social, mobile)
- Learn copy writing
Last, but not least – Don’t be afraid to be MORE AMBITIONS!
Thank you to TechHub Bucharest for hosting us and to Chivas for providing the drinks for the networking part of the evening!
Our next open event, on December 7th at TechHub, will bring two special guests from Seedrs – the first equity crowdfunding platform!
The topic: raising funds at early stage. Sounds good?